The ultimate live comedy night checklist - your ticket to success
As you know, hosting a live comedy night can be a great way to attract customers and boost your profits.
You’re in for a wild ride of laughs, drinks, and good times. But listen, if you wanna make sure your night goes off without a hitch, you gotta follow a checklist or system.
Think about it – even the best comedians in the world wouldn’t be able to make a live comedy night successful if you don’t have everything in order.
You gotta make sure your sound and lighting are on point, your seating arrangements make sense, and your menu is dialed in. And that’s just scratching the surface.
There are so many little details that can make or break your night.
That’s why having a checklist or system in place can make all the difference. It helps you stay organized and ensure that nothing is overlooked. Plus, it gives you the peace of mind to focus on providing a great experience for your guests.
So do yourself a favor and follow a checklist or system.
Here’s one to get you started. It’s general enough to cover all the bases, but can be adapted for your establishment’s unique dynamics.
- Book the Comedians: First and foremost, book the comedians you want to perform. Make sure they’re reliable and show up on time. The Pub & Grub Comedy Tour™ Headliners are all seasoned professionals with unique selling points.
- Promotion: Start promoting the event early. Use social media, posters, and email newsletters to spread the word. Create a Facebook event and share it with your followers.
- Sound and Lighting: Check the sound and lighting system before the show. Make sure everything is working properly and test the microphone. Have backup equipment on hand in case anything goes wrong. This is included in the service pack with The Pub & Grub Comedy Tour™
- Seating Arrangements: Set up the seating arrangement before the show. Make sure there are enough chairs and tables for the guests. Consider using round tables, as they encourage conversation and laughter.
- Staffing: Hire enough staff for the event, including servers, bartenders, and security. Make sure they’re properly trained and briefed on the event details.
- Menu Planning: Plan a special menu for the event. Offer drink and food specials to entice guests to stick around and enjoy the show.
- Green Room: Create a comfortable green room for the comedians. Provide snacks, drinks, and a private space for them to relax before the show.
- Guest List: Create a guest list and make sure you have enough tickets to accommodate everyone. Sell tickets in advance to avoid overbooking.
- Run of Show: Create a run of show and distribute it to your staff and comedians. Make sure everyone knows when the show starts and ends, and when to take breaks. When you bring in The Pub & Grub Comedy Tour™, we get there early for a meet & greet, the onstage performance runs guaranteed 90-minutes, guaranteed no longer than 2-hours. We follow the rule of “Always leave ’em wanting more”. We stick around for an after-party.
- Post-Show Feedback: Collect feedback from guests and comedians after the show. Use this feedback to improve future events.
If you need any assistance with your live comedy night, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always here to help.
In 10 minutes or less, we will help you create a killer comedy night customized for your unique establishment and clientele.
Call us now at (515) 423-0141 or hit the link below to schedule The Comedy Night Customizer Call